What's Happening in BQCL?
New, Refinished Tennis Courts
Visit our Blue Quill Tennis page to see a time-lapse video and photos of our newly refinished tennis courts!
Blue Quill Playschool Teacher Posting
The Society of Blue Quill Playschool is looking for a Teacher for the 2016/2017 year to start as soon as possible. Blue Quill Playschool aims to provide a safe, affordable, high quality educational program where children have opportunities to create, think, explore, and discover through play in a nurturing environment. Since play is an important aspect of childhood, it is instrumental in the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development of children.
Our program is play-based and provides a friendly, fun environment in which preschool aged children can acquire social skills.
The Teacher is responsible to promote positive attitudes and act as a role model for the children in our 3 and 4 year old classes. The teacher must be playful and caring towards the children, have the ability to use consistent and positive child guidance strategies and able to observe, engage with and support the children’s play and learning. We are a cooperative playschool so the teacher must be able to communicate effectively and work with the children, parents and the teachers aid.
The responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Ensure all guidelines set by the regulatory body are adhered to. In the event of a violation, the playschool coordinator shall be contacted about the issue in a timely manner.
- Ensure the safety of the children enrolled in the playschool program.
- Adhere to all policies set out by Blue Quill Play School.
- Liaise with the playschool board on a regular basis.
The general duties for this position are as follows:
- Plan and implement a playschool curriculum based on the assessed needs of the children enrolled in the playschool program. The program shall include crafts, activities, games, songs, story time, exercise and snack time.
- Have required materials for the class prepared in advance.
- Regularly evaluate the children’s responses to the activities planned for targeted outcomes including enjoyment and development.
- Certified CHILD DEVELOPMENT WORKER
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- valid First Aid certificate
- valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate
- completed a child intervention record check
- completed a criminal record check, with a vulnerable sector search.
This posting will be open until filled.
This is a part time position at 27.5 hours per week. The term of the contract is between start date to Jun 30, 2017.
$20 - $26/hour
To apply to this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.
We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit records check documents.